LifeLoveLondon: school outings

11 April 2007

school outings


My first experience in the role of chaperone on a school trip was to the Science Museum. Above are Solomon and Imani, who were paired for the day. We had a lot of fun. The pictures below are of a flooring sculpture (layers of carpet, linoleum, etc) of which I am fond.

More recently, I've accompanied Sol's class to the Horton Kirby Environmental Centre, which made for another enjoyable outing. Next, the nursery (pre-school) class are going to watch a kids' play at the Greenwich Theatre, which I'd be interested to see. Here's hoping the teachers will continue to let me join them on these adventures! The chance to see how the children interact, to watch how they respond to new and different things, and to be exposed myself to more places and experiences, is both a pleasure and a privilege.



1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Richardson said...

welcome to the world of school outings. Great fun and good excercise. Be warned though as they get older you get more children to look after than you have hands with which to restrain them!!!! I've arrived home after trips with my brain counting "1,2,3,4 yes thats fine...1,2,3,4 still there...1,2,3,... aaaah oh no theres 4th....." I think you get the picture! Still the only one I've ever lost for more than a few seconds is my own child so thats fine!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home