LifeLoveLondon: Estes Park

07 August 2006

Estes Park

Colorado is famous for its mountains; the Rockies are one of the things I miss the very most. If I had my way I would disappear into the range for weeks at a time. With two small children and only 3 days left, however, that wasn't an option. So we nipped in to Estes Park for a short stay, where we rented a house with some friends and enjoyed catching up in the fresh (and thin!) air.



Soli quickly found a buddy in our good friend Matt. Lots of time was spent choosing and skipping stones.



The kids and I roamed the back yard in jammies first thing in the mornings, saying hello to the bunnies, before the other grown-ups arose. It was a pleasant, quiet time of day. This was Felix' first time at this altitude. He found the dirt as tasty here as anywhere else. And believe me, he's sampled widely!



All those present say, "Cheese".

4 Comments:

Blogger *Keri* said...

I love the group picture! How many times did we have to take it before David successfully made it into the photo? I remember quite a few pix of just his back as he tried to run to his spot before the shutter snapped.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Kori said...

Yes, this is the only picture in that "series" in which David is actually sitting down instead of obscuring the view of group with his retreating backside! Too bad the timer couldn't be set for just a bit longer. Well, he got some exercise anyway!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah Richardson said...

that photo sesssion sounds like most of the family photo sessions David grew up with!!! (It was usually our Grandpa's backside that was in view as the timer went before he got back to his place)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Kori said...

I guess he's keeping up a family tradition, then!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home